Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Help Your Mother!

Growing up I was always told to do the right thing even when others were not looking... now did I actually do that? Lets just say I tried, but now that I am older and I am growing parallel with Mother Earth and I know more now than ever on how important it is to do the right thing; when it comes to not only the human race, but preserving it for our future. I am talking beyond the world peace statement here...

Preserving the Earth seems to hit home to the "hippies" or the "tree huggers", but they are the ones that have taken responsibility of their waste. Society is slowly developing and learning from one and other about the cause and effects we are bound to face. Whether we believe in global warming or not is a one thing, but believing in recycling is a promise. I think of recycling as a promise to myself and my future generations to come that "I care about your future health so I recycle everyday so that _______ resources could be preserved and you wouldn't have to experience_______!".

I recycle because there is no need to shove our trash down Mother Earth's throat. We can reuse and recreate (upcycle). Maybe my personal passion for recycling has increased due to the fact that I am currently working for a green company that prides itself on upcycling, but if I could make everyone embrace the color green and what it means to contribute to green- I believe we would have a healthier way of life. 

My hope for the future is that everyone is held responsible for their waste. 

I dare you to ask the next store, restaurant, or headquarters you walk into "How do you handle your waste and do you have recycling program implemented?" Let me warn you... you will be shocked to find most don't. In fact I always embarrass my friends when I ask to speak to the manager about their waste and handling because it often results in a 2 minute spiel on how important it is and how its irresponsible not too! 

If you have found your inner passion to preserve our Earth you might look at GLASS RECYCLED as one of the best companies out there since they upcycle and save Mother Earth from glass, mirror, and porcelain.The beauty of recycling is the products they create everyday... glass landscaping, glass counter tops, glass flooring, and glass decorations.


Do your part and go green!

1 comment: