Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Upcycle Much?

Hello upcyclers my name is Marie Bodnar, I am currently an intern for the unique company Glass Recycled. I thought while thoroughly enjoying my very first internship I would start a blog as well to keep up on what is happening within the company along with the green movement I am taking part of. I intend to learn a lot and share a lot in regards to what upcycling actually means...You can look it up in dictionary.com only to find it just as confused as I was when I heard it for the first time. Although some may argue that Wikipedia is not the ideal site to cite or use, but I have come to find that this generation nailed the meaning perfectly: "Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value..". 


So besides throwing all of your news papers into a bin every week have you personally ever thought of something that you could make from some one's trash (we are talking much more than going to a garage sale here)? I know that I don't even bother looking when you can just go down the road to the store to buy exactly what you're looking for! But I think its time to start... Green is the new black... Green is the new lifestyle. I am only 21 years old, but I know that by recycling and upcycling we can all make a difference. 

I'll admit that the idea of garbage is trashy, but what if I could prove you wrong with one glass bottle at a time? I'd like to invite you to follow me while I learn and teach you about the things that Glass Recycled has to offer you and your family, your coworkers, and your environment around you!

 Photo Credit: Earth911.com

No comments:

Post a Comment